September 15, 2007

I Made the Front Page!

So I went out to get the mail this afternoon, and the free newspaper, the Hawaii Army Weekly, was rolled up in a rubber band sitting by my front door.  I shook out any bugs that might be in it, brought it in, and unrolled it onto the coffee table.  Then I saw I was right there on the front page!  Well, the Sept. 11 service I played for was covered by one of the reporters who was camera happy.  I met him before things began, and suggested he could take pictures of the speakers instead of me.  He had fun taking pictures of just the piano for fun.  Anyway, you can see what he did with his photography by:

1.  Going to this website:  http://www.25idl.army.mil/haw.asp
2.  Scroll down to where it says, "Other Articles in this Issue" Friday, September 14, 2007.
3. Click on the article title "Community Pauses to Reflect"  The article and picture will open in a separate java script window.
I also see you can get to it from http://www.25idl.army.mil/ as well.

On a side note, you'll also see an article called Schofield Soldier KIA in Iraq.  He was from Wahiawa, HI.  I'll be playing for his memorial service on Wednesday.  Being in the military, it hits home whenever a soldier is killed.  This one really hits home.

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourselves more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." - the apostle Paul, in his letter to the Romans (12:3-6a)

No comments:

Post a Comment