August 31, 2011

Day 31: $400/month budget project

So I didn't stay in my budget, but there are a few pros:

- This is the first time I have actually tracked my grocery spending for a whole month.
- Some of what I bought with my budget went to charity.
- Some of what I bought I am still going to be using a few days into September.
- Paying attention to what I spend has helped me recognize where I can improve.
- I did come pretty close to my budget.

On the flip side:

- I didn't take the time to plan shopping trips and coupon saving every time I went to the store.
- Some of my trips to the store were to the nearest or most convenient for my errands, though not the lowest-priced store.

So there is room for improvement, but I'm happy with the realization that I can at least come close to my budgeted amount. 

Next month, I will track my grocery spending again, but instead of blogging about every trip, I'll do a summary at the end of the month.  We'll see if I can actually improve on August's results.

No comments:

Post a Comment