So I didn't stay in my budget, but there are a few pros:
- This is the first time I have actually tracked my grocery spending for a whole month.
- Some of what I bought with my budget went to charity.
- Some of what I bought I am still going to be using a few days into September.
- Paying attention to what I spend has helped me recognize where I can improve.
- I did come pretty close to my budget.
On the flip side:
- I didn't take the time to plan shopping trips and coupon saving every time I went to the store.
- Some of my trips to the store were to the nearest or most convenient for my errands, though not the lowest-priced store.
So there is room for improvement, but I'm happy with the realization that I can at least come close to my budgeted amount.
Next month, I will track my grocery spending again, but instead of blogging about every trip, I'll do a summary at the end of the month. We'll see if I can actually improve on August's results.